Monday, September 3, 2012

Out of the Past

Yesterday I showed you a sketch I did several years ago back in the dawn of time when I was a Renaissance fair freak and often spent weekends at Scarborough Faire in Waxahatchie, Texas. The fellow playing the lute offered a prefect illustration for a poem I had written and I managed to get a picture from which this sketch was made.

The woodcut effect was achieved by running the pencil drawing through a electrostatic photocopy machine, (That's Xerox but they get all pissy if you call it that cause Xerox is a Trademarked name and the machine is an electrostatic photocopier), but let's just all agree to keep them happy and use the generic name and then they won't send all of their lawyers to jump all over me for calling it a Xerox.

This was before I found the wonders of computer generated graphics and could do all manner of strange and wonderful things.

But now I know and this could certainly be made into a woodcut or Lino and it would be much easier cause with a computer I can invert the image, switch the color balance from white and black to black and white and there you have it, a perfect paper pattern for laying on a Lino block and cutting away so that you can make a print.


No comments:

Post a Comment