Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Things You Might Have Overlooked

Life is busy.

That's why it is so easy to overlook some of the basics. Take something as simple as color. I mean color is just that colorful. You look, you see that's all there is to it. Oh yeah? Try to duplicate the color of a sunset or the play of light against the broken walls of our South Coast. I've a favorite view or the Bar here in ole Coos Bay. I drive by it, (Okay I did drive by it back before my Gall Bladder broke) and each time I see it it has different colors to offer.


No color magic with PhotoShop, (Which if you are a regular reader you know I don't use. not because it isn't the best Photo Editing software around, it is. But it is also the MOST expensive and a bear to learn and most people artist or photographers just don't need it.). This is just the way it can from the camera.  An ancient Sony Mavica FD95 floppy disk camera I might add. You do not need a the latest megapixel giant to take good pictures.

So how did I do this with an obsolete camera? I looked at the light. Painters do this all of the time, it's their stock and trade and there is no good reason why photographers shouldn't do the same.

And it just so happens I have found an article or two to spread the gospel


Take a look at this article. Yes I know its from a photography magazine, but be open minded and see if you can't learn even from photographers.


And just in case you've never heard of color temperature read this article and find out what all of the fuss and feathers is about.

And your reward for all f this reading? Learning...and a contest. You didn't think I'd make you work really hard without having a carrot up my sleeve? Take a look at this. I know you do seascapes or flowers but there is a time and place for people pictures and this is one of them. Look and see if there's something you can contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment