Monday, September 5, 2011

Don’t wait.

Don’t wait.


I know there are so many things to do and so little time that it is almost the norm to put things off.

Then there’s the speeding bus.

Yeppers, I got run down by the speeding bus and never saw it coming and I left a ton of undone doings that needed doing. I hadn’t finished my paper work for the Regional show. I probably should have a new copy of my resume in Archi’s hands before the show and oh there are bushels of things lying about just waiting for me to get up and do them.

Too bad, they are going to have to wait. No, I’m doing pretty well on the recovery road, ten days out of the hospital and my appetite seems to have kicked in. Course with a pancreas on vacation that may not be such a good thing, we’ll see.

See the problem is I have a whole bunch of new things to learn and they relate directly to me staying out of the hospital and getting well enough to get back to covering all of the art doings around the area. Trouble is until I get a handle on them I can’t do my art thing and that makes me grumpy.

No, I’m not winging about the sickness. I am complaining about letting so many things stack up that now when I have my hands full I have a huge backlog too.

So boys and girls listen up, don’t wait.

If you want to get out and paint with the plein air guys do it. If you should be in the studio making pots, better get to it. What about driving down the coast to take the figure drawing class, (Which of course we ought to have here in Coos Bay/North Bend) do it.

The trouble with life is it does not come with an alert system. Sure, if you smoke and drink and chase after slow moving women, (men), there’s a good chance something will break. If you aren’t twenty there’s a good chance something will break and if you prefer television to the gym there’s a good chance something will break. So why are you still sitting?

I never understood the guys who retire and go nuts because there’s nothing to do. I’m three years in the hole in my next life! There’s always something I need to do.

And I bet that fits you too, so don’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment