Friday, July 25, 2014

Jazz Hot Baby

JAZZ FANS!

We were blessed recently with a beautiful day at the intimate setting of the Oregon Institute of Marine Biology Boathouse in Charleston for the Oregon Coast Music Festival.  Now Left Coast Jazz, as a six piece ensemble which has performed at Black Market Gourmet and include Chef Jardin Kazaar, will be performing a second concert at the Sprague Theater in Bandon on Friday, July 25th. The concert is at 7:00 pm and admission is by donation. Plan to stay for the  reception at the Barn catered by Lloyds of Bandon and visit with jazz fans and the musicians.

This event is part of the Oregon Coast Music Festival and many thanks to Cardas Audio and Joseph Bain Insurance for their generous sponsorship.


Sunday July 27, 2014 2:00-4:00 p.m. Art Recpetion for Nan Forsberg-Hammons
I began my creative journey in the literary world and have published poetry in 
numerous literary magazines and have won several awards in that world.  
I have also written a novel. 

However,that seductive Siren, called Art, whispered in my
ear that I should paint, and that is what I have been doing for the past twenty-some 
years.  My husband, Jim, who is  also an artist and poet, built my studio, 
the Red Pagoda, and that is where I have painted hundreds of paintings.

My work is diverse, I am primarily a colorist, I draw no lines and have no rules 
about mediums, sometimes combining them in the most unexpected way.  
This show will include work that is Abstract, Expressionist, Impressionism, 
mixed media Collage, and two Assemblages.

My work is in private collections here in this country as well as abroad.  
I have been doing shows for many years and have had my work in galleries up 
and down the coast as well as out of state.  

I have been fortunate to have garnered a fair share of awards and ribbons for 
Best Of Show, as well as Firsts.  My work has been juried into national shows as well 
as my work has been in Expressions West and the Maritime show.

I donate 10% of all my sales to Pacific Cove Humane Society.
 
Nan Forsberg-Hammons
Red Pagoda Studio
541.808.3505

Friday August 15th
Friday Nite Supper Club 5:00 to Close and reservations are required

Wednesday August 20th 6:00 p.m.Chef Jardin Kazaar, Derek Bangs of Willamette Valley Vineyards and the 
Oregon Albacore Tuna Commision.  Chef's Dinner and Demonstratio with recipes, disucssion and 
wine pairing. $75.00 per person and reservations are required.  40 guests maximum

Please contact us directly with any questions to this e-mail address or 541.269.1094

SAVE THE DATE:
Ladybug Landing Community Garden Lunch Wednesday September 17, 2014.  11:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.


No comments:

Post a Comment