Bandon Monday Plein Air Paintout for May 5, 2014 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Meet at the old ‘Chrome Plant’ near the intersection of Highway 42 and North Bank Lane, between Coos Bay and Coquille. See the attached map for a visual reference.
From Bandon and south take 101 north to the North Bank (Coquille) exit on your right (just past the recycling center on your left). At the T junction turn left to Coquille. The factory is on your right, the first driveway after the last bridge, it is less than 1/2 block before 42 south joins hwy 42.
From Coos Bay and north take 101 to the Hwy 42 off ramp on your left. Turn right on North Bank Rd (just before the shingle factory). The chrome factory is less that 1/2 block on your left.
You will have to drive to Coquille for restroom facilities and bring a lunch or drive to Coquille. Hope to see you there.
SOME OF THE POSSIBLE PLEIN AIR PAINTOUT SITES FOR 2014Let us know if you have ideas or recommendations for old historical buildings, machinery etc. that will be interesting to paint this summer.
(Not necessarily in this order, subject to change due to weather, availability, etc. A memo will be sent out at the end of the preceding week giving directions to the Monday site.)
1. Abandoned Chrome Factory on hwy 42 South.
2. Civic building in Coos Bay on corner of Commercial and 7th Streets
3. Old buildings on Hwy 101 in Langlois.
4. Farm structures and machinery in Laverne Park area.
5. Marsh Haven old farm structures.
6. Train Museum in Coos Bay.
7. Pony Express Inn near Dora.
8. Hughes House and Cemetary in Port Blanco.
9. North Bend Church
10. Pedway and shops in Old Town Bandon.
11. Charleston and Boat Yard.
12. Covered Bridge in Remote.
13. Battle Rock and dock in Port Orford.
14. Old Motel in Coos Bay
15. Coast Guard Building and/or old houses on Beach Loop
16. House of Confusion on Hwy 42 between Coos Bay and Coquille.
17. Store and old trees on McTimmons Lane south of Bandon.
18. Coos Bay bridge.
19. Greasy Spoon in Langlois.
20. Grove of old trees.