Sunday, July 17, 2011

Second Look

So I've spent a lot of time talking about reviewing what you have done to see if you can find a hidden gem among the dross.

No, you won't always find something. Most of what you've done is an expression of your creative passions and has a specific unity, which cannot be altered without destroying the whole. But there will be some pieces which you can take and fiddle and make into something new.

For instance...

You didn't think I was just going to flap my gums didja? No of course not. So for illustration purposes let's take a look at the moon.1 like looking at the moon and take pictures of it often. Sometimes it is a huge red ball in the sky and sometimes it is a hazy blue ghost stealing across the heavens.

To make matters even more interesting I don't always use a tripod. I take a lot of moons pictures hand-held. What a stupid thing to do, the images will come out all fuzzy and distorted. That's just what I hope for sometimes, distorted and fuzzy can be really interesting.



So here's a shot I took a few months back. It's nice, even fairly stable for a hand held night shot. (Back in the day, when film was still a new idea and we thought Ektachrome 64 was blazing fast, the mark of a real photographer was being able to shoot in available darkness, hand held with an 85 mm lens cranked open to F1.4 or better and still get a clear shot. I can't do that nay more, even if I could do it back then and probably I couldn't and am just remembering being young and brilliant and capable through rose-colored glasses.)

But even I think it's nothing special. So I ran it through the software a coupla times. Yeah, I have four photo-editing programs on my computer so I can take a look at a lot of different things.



This is what came of all that looking. And no, I still don't think it is anything special, but it is more interesting and it is something that one day I might find a specialized show which want just such a strange and wonderful not so special thing.

So by dredging through my old files I came up with something I could take a second look at and find a treasure or at least enough fool's gold to make my old heart beat a bit faster.

I did the same thing with the UVARTs Symbols, Letters, Words ----------- Text Us!

I wasn't going to enter until I went back through my files and there it was, just what the doctor ordered, or at least the Call to Artists.

What is it? Oh no, I'm not telling. I want to enter it in the show and if I told you, I'd jinx the whole deal.

That's what I did to the US Women's World Cup Team, I raved, I bragged, I shouted how good they were, (And don't misunderstand, they are) and look what happened, they lost to a very deserving Japanese team. They are still as good as a team can be, but this year they won't be World Cup champions. And you see I am not nearly as good so, mums the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment