Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Hand for those who Lend a Hand

It's a damn shame that shows come to an end. After all they do such a good job of keeping all of my junk from backing up in the halls and spare rooms of the house. I could sell them like Dutch or Kellebird or maybe one day be like Ms Kim Worster and be so in demand that I move everything I do out as fast as I can produce it. But that day isn't today.

My pictures came fluttering back not from Capistrano, but from UVARTS and the Expose Yourself show. They'd been gone so long I had forgotten I needed to make room for them. They'll just have to live in the packing materials for a day or so until I can find a place to put them.

But even with the stress of having to rearrange all of my closets and nooks and crannies, there's one thing to be thankful for, I didn't have to go after them!

Yes, one day I will have to venture out of my warm little nest and take the roadway to Roseburg and see the bright lights and sights of the “Big City”. I've been here almost five years and I've been as far from home as Florence, maybe three times. I'm a Texas driver, I've never owned a pair of chains and couldn't put them on if I did.

Besides, Oregon roads leave a lot to be desired. It takes three, maybe three and a half hours to get to Crescent City a hundred and twenty miles away. In Texas a hundred and twenty miles is a two, one and three quarter hour trip. Roseburg says it is an hour and forty minutes away, but I'd have to drive it to believe it. I'm thinking eighty-three miles is close to two hours and change.

But none of that matters, because Pat Snyder and Steven Broocks made the perilous trip for all of us who entered. Off they went on a dark and stormy night, well, afternoon really and pressed on into the fog to pick-up the pictures and lug them back to CAM.

That's a major, big fffing deal. No slow winding roads wondering if you''ll fall off the side of a mountain or have a close encounter of a logging truck variety, no white knuckles wondering if your loved ones will ever see you again or if ODOT will just send a trooper around to notify the survivors, no being lost for hours in a strange town with no sense of where the UVARTS guys are located, they did all of that for us. They went, they saw, they picked up!

So to all of those who entered the UVARTS Expose Yourself show, how 'bout a big hand for Steven and Pat and while you're at it Ava and Susan who did the job on the front end. They saved me a lot of anxiety and fretting and I am happy to have my stuff back and even happier not to have had to go after it, so guys, if you're listening, thanks bunches, ya done good.

And yes, I'm good for gas money, just put the touch on me the next time you're in the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment