Monday, March 10, 2014

Failure to Launch

There's nothing new under the sun, the days are so dark and dreary that you can't see a thing to paint, with the IRS drooling just around the corner you can't spare a nickle to buy supplies, the list goes on and on. I do understand, I have an appointment with the dentist and will be soooo wasted that I may not be able to lift a hand for days.

And then there are the people who make magic out of the very air and don't whine about not having the proper inspiration or the cost of materials.

One of these artists, he thinks he is a fisher person, is a pal and I am happy to have him around to give my inspiration a kick in the assets from time to time.

The last time the Wacky Wizard did his thing, he turned a tree into a Christmas celebration by hanging recovered lures on it and taking the holiday back into Nature. Not bad fora guy who thinks his art is in landing the "Big" one.

But now the Maine Magician has created something which is high art and high usage and done it with stuff the rest of us would have tossed out.

How many of you have an exercise machine lying around the house? Yeah, I know you bought it with the best intentions and meant to set a serious exercise regimen and then you never touched it again.

But did any of you ever think to re-purpose it?


Now that's an exercise machine I can get behind! Just set my Seven Devils Amber Ale there and fetch another if you please and the remote should do nicely there on the top shelf and maybe a ham/cheese/pastrami/salami with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and pepperonccini with deli mustard would finish off the afternoon in grand style.

So my vote for artist of the month gets split between the wizardry of the Magician of Maine and the mad barista of Japan.

Now I have an cousin, yes I do, and she is both a lovely lady golfer living in Florida and an avid collector of Internet delights and this week she sent me a piece about Kazuki Yamamoto.

Yes it is in bold type and you'll know why in just a minute. Now no more whining about the cost of materials.  

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/2013/05/21/3d-latte-art-by-kazuki-yamamoto-picture-gallery/

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pyTvYH6FYI 

 There one each for those who have to have motion to keep boredom at bay the second link is for youse.

Now if one exercise machine and a cup o' Joe can serve as the basis of beautiful, functional art what possible excuse could you have?

Me I have an idea for sculpture out of SPAM and some toothpicks with macaroni...

No comments:

Post a Comment