Sunday, January 26, 2014

Dance Class

Hi dancers,
 
My dance class has changed location and I want to make sure you know how to find me if you’re interested in dancing!
 
Tuesday nights
6:30 – advanced dancing (yes, we will work on one advanced dance for 10 weeks!)
7:00 to 9:00 pm beginning dancing
 
Harding Learning Center 755 S. 5th Street Coos Bay (near Marshfield) – look for the pinwheels by the side door! After you’ve enter the building, find me in the multi-purpose room (in the center of the building).
 
For the 10-week session beginning Jan 28 (through April 1), I’ve attached the schedule.
 
I’m setting up a variety of payment options:
1.   Pre-pay for the entire 10-week session for $50; includes a CD with all the music
2.   Buy a 10-session punch card for $65 – use it for ANY 10 classes
3.   Drop-in $8
For people who have never been in my class, I’m offering the first class at no charge. That way they can get a feel for this UNUSUAL dance form and decide if they want to continue. If so, they can pro-rate the rest of the 10-week session (or attend via options 2 or 3).
 
 
Even if you’re not attending my class, please feel free to participate in the folk dance demonstration/audience planned for Feb 13. This event is a fund raiser for the South Coast Celtic Fest. Those interested can meet at the pub for dinner at 5:30; we’ll dance at 7:00 to live music performed by local ensemble Cultural Ecology. Here is the tentative line up of dances we’ll be doing:
 
Demo:
Barley Bree – Scotland
An Dro Retourne – Brittany
Cylch y Cymry – Wales
Mayim – Israel
Cobankat – Albania
(First come, first served – who wants to introduce a dance?)
 
Audience:
Sasha – Russia
Pravo – Bulgaria
La Bastringue – French Canadian
Sto mi e Milo – Macedonia

Let me know if you have any questions about either of these events. Hope to see you on a dance floor soon!   
 
Stacy Rose
541.808.1002
1918 N. 14th Street
Coos Bay, OR 97420
rosecontra@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment