Friday, January 28, 2011

Last Chance For Miles

Hurry, drop whatever you are doing and run to the post office, the end is near!

That's right, the end is near, the end of the entry window for Lighthouse 2.0 at Whistling Gallery. The 31st of January is the deadline. Not the postmark deadline, the final, absolute deadline.

Now I don't care. You see I have gotten my entry in and if you don't show up that'll give me more of a chance at all the nice prizes. I like it when I'm the only one who enters, but Whistling Gallery has a much broader view, they want lots of entries, with lots of different artists and styles so that their first show can be a really big shew.

Okay, so you're too young to remember Ed Sullivan, but not too young to understand what a deadline is, it's the end. It's not like you have to have your art framed and ready. (You should have, but you don't have to have.) They just want your entry money and disk.

Yes, I do realize there's a depression and I know that you have to sell a lot of blood to rake up the entry fee, but look at it this way, with so many people dragging their feet there's a better chance that you will win!

Me, I like ribbons. Yes, money is nice and yes, it does help cover the entry fee, but when all is said and done it gets spent in a hurry and I've nothing to remember winning by except my memories, which given my age aren't all that permanent and what with Alzheimer's lurking behind every birthday a nice or even a not so nice ribbon or shiny plastic trophy is special. But you want cash and Whistling Gallery has lept to your cry and will offer the winning entry something to have and to hold from the bottom of your wallet.

So what's the hold up?

Get out of that La-Z-Boy and get down to the post office while there's still time. Remember there's one guy who's already got an entry in and you know what happens if you don't enter...

No comments:

Post a Comment