Thursday, September 17, 2015

Bell, Book and High School

Hi all
We know a wonderful young lady, Brittney, who is the new part time librarian at the Harding building (part of Marshfield High School) and she is in need of SPECIFIC types of books - her request is as follows:
Brittney says: I’m looking specifically for young adult books. Think Eragon, Twilight, Hunger Games, etc. I will also go for children’s chapter books, like The Series of Unfortunate Events, the Percy Jackson series, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, etc. 
Our target audience is high school age (14-18). Obviously within that group there will be spectrum of reading levels, which is why we need a variety of books. 
What I am NOT looking for are paperback romance novels or detective novels. Those are what usually what is  donated, and unfortunately not all of those are appropriate for a classroom library. If it is a popular book and in good condition, I’ll take a look at it.
I also wouldn’t mind taking books written in Spanish, so if you have any of those send them my way, because we currently have 0.
Talking to the kids, they tend to like fantasy, sci-fi, and real life issue books. Our English teacher told me they loved the book The Glass Castle, because a lot of them could relate. 
Ron and I are willing to be the drop off point for these books so if you have something that fits the bill please let me know and we'll make arrangements.
Thanks!!
Kathy
541-751-9848

No comments:

Post a Comment