Sunday, December 30, 2012

Medical Mystery Tour

If you've wondered why the blog has had fewer than usual postings lately there is a good and simple reason, I have fallen into the hands of the Croakers.

Now doctors can be fine and helpful and they do have a wonderful education and many clever things that they can do to make you feel better when you are ill, but they also have a morbid fascination with illness and are ready to stick you into hospital when you are feeling fine for dark and mysterious reasons of their own. Some of these reasons may be understandable by humans but I am not one of them. I understand bleeding and thrashing around in pain and seizures and falling down sick, none of which I have had. In fact I have felt fine through the whole miserable ordeal.

Now it turns out I did have a whopping big kidney stone and they did go in and dig that out for me, but since I never felt it and they say it was too big to pass I don't suppose I would have known it was there if I hadn't been told. The procedure was easy enough but the resulting pain in my...well you can figure where they drove the semi when they went in to haul away the stone, left me gasping and screeching. I spent two days varying form "OH dear merciful God!" to a simple "Firetruck me!" No, I didn't actually scream anything about emergency vehicles you figure it out, you are all adults.

So now i have a healing kidney system and more fun times ahead while they try to figure out what all the rest of the discoveries mean.

No doubt this means from time to time I will be locked up in hospital without a way to communicate, left with nothing but blood draws every hour and bad television and no closer to understanding what they heck is wrong. But when they let me out of if I can smuggle a computer in I will post whatever you send me and do as much as I can to keep the blog updated.

And no there is no cause for alarm, so far as I know so we'll just let the medicos dig around and see what they discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment