Saturday, July 14- Sunday, September 22, 2012
SUBMISSION Deadline: postmarked by Saturday, April 14,2012
Coos Art Museum continues its tradition of hosting an annual Maritime Art Exhibition on the scenic southern Oregon Coast. Coinciding with the opening of this annual maritime art exhibit is the Plein-Air/Paint out event for maritime painters. A day of painting outdoors on the Coos Bay; the city docks, shipyards, boat basins, sandy beaches, rocky coves, rugged shorelines, dramatic cliffs, lush rain forests and cultured gardens that are all within 10 miles of the Coos Art Museum. The 19th Annual Maritime Art Exhibition is officially recognized and co-sponsored by the American Society of Marine Artists (ASMA).
· Open to all members of American Society of Marine Artists, International Society of Marine Painters and artists who create marine related two-dimensional original paintings in oil, acrylic, pastel, watercolors or sculptures.
· If you are submitting a work that is part of a series, the submitted piece MUST be unique and distinguishable from any of your other works of art.
· Works that have previously been exhibited at Coos Art Museum are NOT eligible.
· Submissions are to be 'recent works', ones that have been created within the past five (5) years (created in 2006 or newer).
· Works that are accepted must be the same as the digital images or slides entered.
· Paintings - limitation of 60 inches in any one direction this includes the frame and weight limitation of 20 lbs.
· Sculpture - limitation of 60 inches in any one direction and weight limitation of 25 lbs.
· Prints (photo serigraphs, digital or giclée) and photography are not eligible.
To get a full prospectus and entry form go to www.coosart.org
or contact Coos art Museum 5541 267-3901