Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Your Duty


So what's the first thing you do when you turn your computer on after being away for a coupla days?

I hope it's update your antivirus.

Antivirus programs are so good today that unless you fail to update them they'll keep your machine bug free and humming along like a Singer. But they can't do that if you don't do your part.

Now you may remember I have been away from my own machine for two weeks. (The Boss let me use her's the last few days cause I was too pitiful to walk back into the other room.) Today I cranked it up and sure enough it was sixteen days out of date. No longer, I downloaded the new definitions and installed them and now my old steam-powered machine is as well protected as any of the sleek laptops running around the SWOCC campus.

No, I still can't sit at the keyboard very long, just don't have the stamina yet, but if I could the machine would be ready.

So remember, when you leave your computer for a day or two, update on arrival. It's the easiest way to avoid a trip to the shop and keep Old Faithful ready for when you need him!

No comments:

Post a Comment