Saturday, April 24, 2010

WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE

In the words of one of the television commentators, “earn more, spend less and avoid getting ripped off.”

Truth be told I’ve never been good at the first one. I’ve tried, I really have and blood sweat and tears just won’t add a penny to your pay check. There are those who seem to know from birth how to make the old eagle scream at will and I personally hate them, but they probably don’t care cause of all of their money. Spend less, well honestly, I’ve never been any good at this one either. I don’t try. Oh I should say that I’ve learned over the years how to wring blood from a stone or pinch a penny so hard Abe Lincoln is clean shaven when I’m through, but ole Honest Abe has nothing to fear from me. And its not because of fast cars, expensive liquor or cheap women, no it’s art supplies. I always need more and have less and run out and there’s just no end. I thought I had a deal going, but it turns out my latest project came in at a size frame makers just don’t understand. Why I ask you? Surely there are hundreds, okay maybe dozens who need a frame in 17 x 23 and why aren’t the frame makers leaping into the frame, so to speak?

That just leaves, “avoid getting ripped off.” That I can do and I am going to help you. There are always bargains on the NET. You can get anything from frog legs to tear-away coveralls and lots more, but how do you know what you are getting and if the price advertised is the one you’ll pay and do you really want to post your credit card number out there?!

There is one way, talk to some one who’s done a lot of both, getting ripped off and getting what they paid for and I happen to know just the person, that’s right the ole trawler himself.

There comes a time in every artist’s life when you have to break down and buy a piece of software. Yes, take slow even breaths and put a cold wash-cloth on the back of your neck, we’re going to talk about computers.

The computer can be your best pal or your worst enemy and more than half of the reason is software. That’s the stuff that makes the computer do the amazing things it does. Of course it is written by chimpanzees and translated into Mandarin, then Hebrew, Greek and Icelandic before it is translated back into English and you wonder why you can’t make the instructions work.

But you still have to try and when you get a piece which works like the box said it would, Holy Pixels Batman, it’s amazing. And if you get it at half of the price isn’t that the topping on the cake?

http://www.buycheapsoftware.com/

These guys are the real deal. I’ve used them for years now and have always gotten exactly what they said I would. I buy my anti-virus software there and save half over what Norton charges even with their returning users’ discount.

So the next time you need software, take a look. Adobe’s Lightroom is eighty dollars cheaper than it is on Amazon. Now that buys a lot of frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment