Call to Artists
20th Annual Maritime Art Exhibition
Saturday August 3, – Saturday October 5, 2013
Submission deadline: postmarked by Saturday , May 4, 2013
Once again Coos Art Museum continues its tradition of hosting an annual Maritime Art Exhibition on the scenic southern Oregon Coast.
· Open to all members of American Society of Marine Artists, International Society of Marine Painters and artists who create marine related two-dimensional original paintings in oil, acrylic, pastel, watercolors or sculptures.
· If you are submitting a work that is part of a series, the submitted piece MUST be unique and distinguishable from any of your other works of art.
· Works that have previously been exhibited at Coos Art Museum are NOT eligible.
· Submissions are to be 'recent works', ones that have been created within the past five (5) years (created in 2007 or newer).
· Works that are accepted must be the same as the digital images or slides entered.
· Paintings - limitation of 60 inches in any one direction this includes the frame and weight limitation of 20 lbs.
· Sculpture - limitation of 60 inches in any one direction and weight limitation of 25 lbs.
· Prints (photo serigraphs, digital or giclée) and photography are not eligible.
Submissions can be either digital files or slides.
Artist may submit a total of up to three (3) entries with a single, non-refundable entry fee of $35.
- Digital files must be in jpg format minimum of 300 dpi at approximately 5” x 7” - 8” x 10” all on one CD-ROM. All CD’s must be labeled, on the outside, with the artist's name, title of the work, medium, date completed, and size of the artwork. Name the electronic files as follows:
A_title of work.jpg
B_title of work.jpg
Abbreviate as needed on the electronic file name, but be sure the entry form has complete information.
- NO SLIDE SHOWS, FLASH FILES, THUMBNAILS etc.
- NO SUBMISSIONS VIA EMAIL WILL BE ALLOWED
Judging and Awards:
Panel of 4 maritime artists will jury the submissions. 4 awards will be given out at the dinner, awards, and art auction event following the Plein Air Paint out on Saturday, August 3, 2013.
· Best of Show will receive a cash prize of $500.00 - selected by John Stobart, Featured Artist.
· Oregon International Port of Coos Bay Award will receive a cash prize of $250.00 - selected by Port Official.
· Coos Art Museum Board of Directors Choice will receive a cash prize of $250.00 - selected by CAM Board.
· People's Choice Award will receive a cash prize of $250.00 - selected by a vote of museum attendees.
See attached prospectus for more details and entry form or go to www.coosart.org to download from your computer, Or call 541 267-3901