CELTIC SESSION TONIGHT
First and third Wednesdays (tonight and Aug. 20) at Liberty Pub, 2047 Sherman Ave, North Bend. Play or listen!
SECOND SUNDAY SING-ALONG
Sunday, Aug. 10, 4-6 p.m., at the North Bend Library. We've got the Rise Up Singing songbooks. Singers, guitarists and pianists welcome!
ALL AGES FOLK DANCE CLASS IN AUGUST
Join the kids from Orco Arts Guild for a special 3-week folk dance series.
Thursdays, Aug 14, 21, and 28 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Attend one or all sessions. HARDING LEARNING CENTER MULTIPURPOSE ROOM, 755 S. 7TH STREET, COOS BAY. All experience levels 12 years and older including singles and beginners are welcome.
Each dance is taught by instructor Stacy Rose. If you have two left feet, bring both of them! Admission by donation. Light refreshments. Local band Cultural Ecology will play at the August 28 dance.
Event sponsored by Oregon Coast Arts, an after-school program for teens. For more info, contact Char Luther, 541.297.9256.
SOUTH COAST FOLK SOCIETY BOARD MEETING
Sunday, Aug. 10, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 1918 N. 14th St., Coos Bay. All members welcome. Here's a proposed agenda:
1) Presentation and discussion of the final Financial Report for the previous fiscal year.
2) Update on planning for the CDSS Tour Week coming in September of 2015.
3) Creation of a Speaker's Bureau for outreach and to further publicize our activities and the CDSS tour.
4) Results of the survey conducted by Stacy of other Contra Dances in Oregon.
4a) Consideration of possible adjustments to the various compensations related to our Contra Dances (bands, callers, sound, mileage and admission).
5) The "Learn by Doing" Grant Workshop opportunity - do we want to participate.
6) Feedback on the Open Band Summer Camp and suggestions for next year's camp if we wish to make it a regular SCFS event.
7) Improving our publicity - reaching the public - what is most effective?
8) New business…
9) YOUR IDEAS!
MORE INFO ABOUT THE COUNTRY DANCE AND SONG SOCIETY TOUR
A few weeks ago, we sent out an email about the October 2015 Country Dance and Song Society Tour visit to our community. Here's a link to a page with more information about it: http://southcoastfolksociety.wordpress.com/cdss-tour/
Of special interest on this page are a video about Coos Bay's part of the tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqNAEhapK4E&feature=youtu.be
and a video about CDSS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3UZcJWfelE
If you'd like to volunteer to help prepare for the tour, contact Stacy Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JUST ONE MORE MONTH TO CONTRA DANCING AND FOLK DANCING
They start in September. Hang on!
South Coast Folk Society